Family Owned & Operated
Your Neighborhood Full Service Repair Facility
We Service Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
Complete Auto Repair
Honest & Fair Pricing
When you want to hit the road for some summer fun, a working AC system is a necessity. Sure, you can roll down the windows, but that isn’t going to really keep you cool and comfortable. When your air conditioner stops blowing cold, we have certified techs who can help diagnose and fix the problem. Our air conditioning services will keep your car cool and comfortable, no matter where your summer travels take you.
How Does a Car’s AC System Work?
To keep your vehicle cool, your car's air conditioning system uses a refrigerant to cool and dehumidify the air. Today’s vehicles have very specific climate controls that allow you to set the temperature exactly where you need it to stay comfortable. To accomplish this task, the AC system uses these components:
- Compressor – The compressor compresses the vapor refrigerant, putting it under high pressure and sending it to the condenser.
- Condenser – The condenser sits right in front of the radiator. It takes the high-pressure refrigerant from the compressor and removes heat from it, cooling it down into a liquid.
- Receiver – The receiver holds the refrigerant while it waits to move into the evaporator. It also filters the refrigerant to remove any moisture.
- Evaporator – The cold refrigerant from the receiver moves through a valve into the evaporator. The hot air from the cabin blows past the evaporator core, where the refrigerant absorbs the heat. This allows cold air to flow back into the cabin. The refrigerant then turns back into a gas and flows back to the compressor to repeat the cycle
At the core of all of this is the refrigerant. Refrigerant levels must be kept at the proper level, or the AC system will not work.
Signs my AC System Needs Repaired
Most of the time, car owners only know that they need A/C repair when the system stops blowing cold air. That said, sometimes less power to the cold air flow is another symptom to watch for. If you are concerned about your air conditioning system, you can always bring your vehicle in to us for testing.
Our AC System Services
Our mechanics have a long list of A/C system services we offer. If you’re struggling with air conditioning that’s not running cold, don’t hesitate to reach out. We can help with:
- A/C inspections
- Diagnosing and repairing leaks in the A/C system
- Charging the refrigerant
- Installing a new compressor or condenser
Retrofit Air Conditioning Systems
In vehicles produced prior to 1994, older Freon refrigerant was used. This refrigerant has been phased out and replaced with R-134a. In the past, it was possible to find mechanics who still had Freon on hand to recharge the old systems, but now R-134a is the only option. Unfortunately, because it’s a different type of refrigerant, and it can’t be mixed into a system that uses Freon. If your system was created to run on Freon, we can help retrofit it by swapping out parts so that it can run on the environmentally friendly, readily available R-134a.
For all of your AC needs, from retrofitting older vehicles, to having your AC recharged for the summer, trust our team. Bring your car in today to have it serviced, and enjoy a summer with nice, cold AC.